Last updated: November 11, 2022
Who We Are
Our website address is: https://womenatthewell-sd.org.
Women of Purpose is organized as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit California corporation dba Women at the Well.
Your privacy is important to us. We will not sell your data. We will not share your data except as is necessary to process your donation or purchase of an event ticket.
How We Collect Information About You
WomenattheWell-SD.org may collect certain personal information from you when you register to use the Website or its services and features, such as any e-mail newsletter or membership to the free bible study, including, but not limited to, your name, e-mail address, and location. We may also collect additional personal information, including your physical address, in order to deliver products. We may also collect certain non-personally identifiable information from users of our site, such as their internet protocol address, the type of browser and operating system they use, the domain name of your internet service provider, and the web pages, content and advertisements you may have visited, viewed or clicked on. We collect this information in several ways, including the following:
- Cookies: Cookies are text files placed in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies do not contain personal information, but if you choose to furnish us with personal information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie. We may use “cookies” to maintain a record of your visits and to improve the content and services on our site.
- Web Server Logs: Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at this site, and the websites visited just before and just after our site. We, our advertisers and ad serving companies may also use small technology or pieces of code to determine which advertisements and promotions users have seen and how users responded to them.
- IP Addresses: Our system may also collect your IP address, which is a numerical address that is used to identify a computer connected to the Internet. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our site, to deliver web pages to you upon request, to tailor our site to the interests of our users, and to measure traffic within our site.
- Public Posting: If you post in the comments of a blog post on the Website (or anywhere on social media), you should be aware that any information you share is visible to other users. Personally identifiable information you submit to one of these forums can be read, collected, or used by other individuals to send you unsolicited messages. WomenattheWell-SD.org is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums. For example, if you choose to make information, which was previously non-public, available by enabling certain user features, (such as blog comments) WomenattheWell-SD.org will collect that information from your interaction and the information will become publicly available.
How We May Use Your Information
If you make a donation, purchase an event ticket or sign up for email updates, we will collect Personal Information from you that may include: your name, address, telephone number, and/or email address so that we can send you a receipt and/or thank you for your donation. We may also collect limited financial information to process your donations. We may send you an email occasionally with updates to our organization or events schedule or during fundraising efforts. If you sign up to participate in our weekly bible study you will receive email updates weekly.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
- With Your Consent. WomenattheWell-SD.org may share information about you with others if you give us permission or direct us to share the information.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may need to share Personal Information with third-parties that provide operational services on our behalf (such as website hosting, information technology and infrastructure, data analytics, email delivery, credit card processing, order fulfillment, auditing or other services) or that assist WomenattheWell-SD.org in providing you with support and resources.
- Our Partners. We may provide your information to organizations we work with to provide services, products or programs. We may also share information with content providers, sponsors, service providers or other third parties to advance the goals of education, dissemination or information and otherwise in fulfillment of our mission.
- Volunteers. We may share limited personal information, such as contact information, with volunteers who are assisting WomenattheWell-SD.org and who require the information as part of their duties.
- Social Media. If you engage with WomenattheWell-SD.org on a public, social media platform, you may be sharing your Personal Information with your friends associated with your social media account, to other website users and to your social media account provider, in connection with your social sharing activity.
- Other Uses or Disclosures of Personal Information. We may also use and disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence, to respond to requests from public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence, to cooperate with law enforcement, or for other legal reasons; (b) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others.
What are your Privacy Options?
Registrations and Subscriptions. If you register for a WomenattheWell-SD.org event or sign up for a newsletter or similar subscription, you will receive communications related to that service, regardless of your prior preferences or restrictions.